Coventry Sprint Triathlon - Sunday 3rd June 2012
The event consists of a swim, bike and run. The clock will begin when the competitor commences their swim (at a predetermined start time) and stops upon crossing the finish line at the end of the run. The swim takes place in a 25 metre indoor pool at the Xcel centre, the bike is on public roads and the run is mainly on pathway with a small section of grass. Registration will be at the Xcel centre on Saturday 2nd June between 1pm & 6pm, if registering on the day please register at least 45mins before your start time. BTF members will receive £5 refund upon producing their race licence at registration.
- Competitors Race Pack can be downloaded here. Please read! (Updated 28/05/12)
- Start List, Numbers & Start Times can be found here here. (Updated 31/05/12)
- Diagram of venue and transition layout can be found here.
- General event information can be found here.
- Please see our competitor kit list for details of clothing and equipment you will (or might) need.
Entry for this event has now closed. Details of those entered can be found on the entry central website.
New to triathlon?
If you are new to the world of triathlon and finding everything a little bit daunting, then have a read of the information here to help put yourself at ease.
First of all we have compiled a general guide for people looking to participate in their first triathlon - read now.
A video guide to speedy transitions can be viewed here.
The swim will mark the beginning of the triathlon and will use the 25 metre indoor pool of the Xcel centre. The total length of the swim will be 400m (16 lengths) of the pool.
- Backstroke is not allowed.
- Tumble turns are not allowed.
The bike course
The bike route is a 20km two lap course consisting of a short lap followed by a long lap. The short lap is about 5km with the long lap making up the remaining 15km.
An interactive, downloadable version of the route can be found here (corrected as of 26/05/2012).