Didn't get tickets to the olympic triathlon events? Fear not because we have the opportunity to be involved in soemthing equally exciting right here in Coventry!
Between the dates of 4th August (Mens Olympic Triathlon) and 7th August (Womens Olympic Triathlon), not only will the events be on the big screen in Millenium Place, but alsoTriathlon England will be rocking up to promote the sport & local clubs.
As part of this a handful of club members & coaches have the opportunity to get some experience with an endless pool, and teams of three can compete against each other (and other local clubs) in all three disciplines*.http://www.bbc.co.uk/thingstodo/activity/triathlonlive-03
Here's how we (you!) can be involved:
- Volunteer for part or all of any of the dates to represent Triathlon England (and the club!)
- Turn up in your spots to watch the racing, all friends, families & hangers on welcome!
- Join the club ride on the Sunday which is scheduled to end in Millenium Place for a coffee.
- Get together a team for the competition (Saturday 4th Aug, currently have slots for two teams booked but we can beg for more!)
- Sign up for a slot to be coached in the endless pool (up to 8 members swimming for 15mins max 1-3pm Sunday 5th August)
So put these dates in your diaries and let me know if you're interested in any of the above (teams & swimmers on a first come first served basis, I'll try and form individuals into teams if you don't already have one)!
* The race event format as I understand is teams of 3, one swimmer, one cyclist, one runner. All three do their thing at the same time with the total distance travelled by the runner & cyclist counts for position whilst the current in the endless pool will be ramped up for the swimmer. The timer finishes when the swimmer touches the back of the endless pool or after 5minutes whichever comes first!